How To Remove Tan Using Simple Home Remedies
Sunlight is an excellent vitamin D source, but overexposure to sunlight can also cause tanning and several other skin problems like dark spots, red spots, hyperpigmentation, and much more. And investing in its permanent cures like consulting a dermatologist or visiting a salon quite often can cost you a lot of money. So, what can be the solution for your tanned skin?
This is why we have drafted this guide to remove tanning, using easy yet effective home remedies & tips.
Remove Tan at Home Without Spending Too Much
Sunscreens and other skin protection creams and lotions help to an extent, but they are not 100% protective, as everyone knows. Plus, your skin eventually loses its natural tone and glow.
Considering all your concerns, we have curated a list of natural tan removers that will cost you nearly no money. Not only will these remedies soothe the burns, but they will also benefit your skin, making you look flawless.
#1 Honey & Curd Pack
Rich in antioxidants and a great source of antibacterial and antifungal properties, HONEY repairs the skin cells damaged by sun rays. At the same time, CURD is an acid-rich substance that exfoliates damaged skin cells. When mixed with honey, curd also acts as a bleaching agent and removes pigmentations.
How to Use?
1 Tablespoon of Honey
2 Tablespoon of Curd
- Mix both honey and curd well in a bowl. Now apply a thick layer of this paste on your face and keep it for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse well with lukewarm water.
- Repeat once every day for 4-5 days to get quick results.
#2 Cucumber and Milk Pack
Cucumber juice and milk do wonders on tanned skin. How? CUCUMBER has cooling properties and richness of vitamin C with antioxidants, making it a perfect remedy for tan removal.
On the other side, MILK helps to whiten the skin cells and protects the skin by moisturizing it smoothly. In short, these two ingredients are highly effective in skin nourishment and de-tanning.
How to Use?
¼ of the average size cucumber
¼ cup milk
1. Extract the juice of cucumber with a blender and mix it well with milk.
2. Apply this paste twice a week to get glowing de-tanned skin.
#3 Meshed Tomato Pack
If you are into home remedies for beauty and skin rejuvenation, you must have often come across tomatoes. Tomato is highly rich in Vitamin C, and it promotes collagen secretion in your skin. It also contains lycopene, which fights cellular damage, acts as a natural sunscreen, and regenerates skin cells.
If put, applying a tomato pack on your skin makes it rich in collagen. Once you include this home remedy in your beauty regime, you won’t need sunscreen or any other de-tanning product.
How to Use?
1. Peel off the Tomato, mesh it up, and make it a thin paste-like substance to be applied on the face.
2. Apply on the affected skin area and let it dry.
3. Keep the pack for around 10 minutes and rinse it afterward.
4. Repeat it twice every week for de-tanned, glowing, and brighter skin.
#4 Tomato, Aloe Vera, and Red Lentils Pack
This face pack is a ‘fast action tan remove formula’ we would say!
As discussed in the point mentioned above, Tomato promotes collagen secretion. Red Lentil is a good de-tanner, while Aloe Vera neutralizes the skin moisture.
How to Use?
2 tsp of masoor dal
1 tsp aloe vera juice
1 tsp tomato extract/juice
1. Soak the red Lentil (masoor dal) in water for a few hours so that it becomes soft.
(Please Note- We would recommend, this pack to be applied in the morning)
2. Put the lentils with aloe vera juice and tomato extract and mash them well with a blender or grinder to create a paste.
3. Now apply the paste and leave it for 20 minutes.
4. Then clean the face with rose water or regular water to get glowing de-tanned skin.
#5 Gram Flour and Turmeric Pack
Gram flour and Turmeric are two ingredients that can be found in every Indian household, so it is one of the most recommended home remedies for tan removal. With the exfoliant properties of Gram Flour and healing properties of Turmeric, you can see immediate positive effects on your tanned body area.
How to Use?
A pinch of Turmeric
Three tablespoons of Gram Flour
A few drops of ROSEWATER
1. Add all the ingredients to a bowl of Rose Water.
2. Apply it to the affected areas, let it dry for 20 minutes every day and then scrub it off.
3. Now wash this homemade tan removal pack with lukewarm water.
In just a few weeks, you’ll witness your skin tone a shade lighter. For rejuvenating and glowing skin, repeat this procedure twice a week for effective results.
#6 Potato and Honey Gel Pack
For healthy, rejuvenated, and tan free skin; extracted juice is a perfect natural solution. This pack is undoubtedly the ultimate skin rejuvenator used with honey (which is a very good antibacterial and antioxidant)!
Apply the pack directly on your face, let it dry for 15-25 minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Apart from these 6, several other natural home remedies are useful in removing tan, including-
- Papaya and Aloe Vera Pack
- Strawberries and Milk Cream Pack
- Sandalwood (Chandan) and Bleaching Clay (Multani Mitti) Pack in Rose Water
- Lemon and Sugar Scrub(not recommended for face, use it for legs or other hard skin parts)
- Lemon and Potato Juice, followed by aloe vera gel massage
Natural home remedies for tan removal can work great for your skin, but most importantly, you must follow a healthy lifestyle and include lots of nutrition in your diet. Apart from this, there are other solutions, too, if you are on a tight schedule.
We at Earthy Sections bring you an entire range of products that can lighten up your complexion within a short time.