7 Easy Home Hacks for Healthy Skin
We understand, being stuck between household chores, traveling to the office & back home and the everyday work and personal life stress are the reasons why we all are inattentive towards our skincare routine. Getting healthy skin seems like a dream lately. But worry not, we at Earthy Selections are here to solve your misery and fulfill your skin-related fantasies as we have shortlisted 7 easy tips for healthy skin.
All these hacks are so easy, you just have to research a bit in your kitchen instead of running to the drugstores and spending money. Home remedies can play a significant part in your skincare routine as they are easily accessible, inexpensive and simple enough to whip up in minutes.
Have a glimpse at the following hacks :
- Exfoliate : Homemade Sugar Scrub : Exfoliating removes dead skin cells, dirt, dust and impurities and smooths your skin so it looks brighter and imitates glow. Sugar is an excellent DIY exfoliator because its bristliness helps to get rid of dead skin cells and glycolic acid present in sugar helps in generating production of new skin cells. Adding oil to sugar will help in providing an adequate amount of moisture to the skin.
Ingredients you need : 1 cup of granulated sugar, 2 big spoons of olive oil, 10 drops of any essential oil.
Directions to make : Pour olive oil and sugar followed by essential in a bowl, mix the ingredients until you have a consistent and thick paste. Use it as a scrub and keep the remaining in a container to use it next time. Wipe the scrub off with a wet washcloth and rinse it off with water. Apply your favourite moisturizer afterwards.
There are bountaneous other homemade scrubs that you can assemble from your kitchen for exfoliation purposes. Like oatmeal scrub, lemon-honey scrub, avocado scrub. They all are so environmentally friendly and best for having a radiant skin without investing heavy bucks and effort.
- Try DIY homemade masks : Turmeric and gram flour face pack: Natural and organic face masks and packs are excellent cleansers that deeply cleanse the skin and rejuvenates its texture. Pretty confident that your grandmother must have told you about besan and turmeric face masks to get brighten skin complexion. Well, yes grandmas are always right! Gram Flour maintains the PH level of your skin and removes excess oil, dirt and toxins from deep inside the skin.
Ingredients you need : Two tablespoon, 2 pinch of turmeric powder, Rose water.
Direction to use the product : add turmeric powder and besan and mix it in a small bowl. Make a paste by adding rose water to this. Apply this evenly on your skin and leave the pack to dry spontaneously. Rinse it off with water after keeping it for 15-20 mins.
There are a plethora of natural ingredients that you can mix with gram flour for making face masks. Pick the one and blend it with the ingredients which are best suitable for your skin type. For example, sandalwood and besan face pack, potato and besan face pack, besan and orange juice face pack and many more.
- Moisturize : Coconut oil, Olive oil, Aloe Vera : Moisturizer helps in treating dry and patchy skin as it holds water in the outermost layer. Coconut oil is regarded as the best hydrating moisturizer for quite a long time. Whereas Olive Oil and Aloe Vera has many Vitamins and its antioxidant property helps in boosting the colour complexion and eliminates wrinkles and age spots.
Direction to use the product : Wash your face with a cleanser and dab one teaspoon of the oil and massage in a circular motion to gently spread it onto your skin. Let the oil dry and absorb into the skin.
However, Coconut oil might be beneficial for some and might not be beneficial for others. It is best for dry and normal skin. People with oily and acne prone skin should use Aloe Vera Gel.
- Keeping a check on your lifestyle and diet : ‘’ Your skin is what you eat’’. That’s legit true. For getting healthy skin, it is crucial to follow a healthy food diet, quit junk food, smoking and a sluggish lifestyle. We have curated a list of food for healthy skin. Have a look at it.
- Avocado : Avocados are high in healthy fats which benefits many functions in your body including healthy skin
- Walnuts are an excellent source for getting healthy skin as they help in reducing inflammation.
- Broccoli is a good source for vitamins and minerals that are important for skin health.
- Green tea has powerful antioxidants that can protect your skin from sunburns and reduce redness as well as improves hydration and elasticity of the skin.
Avoid junk food and follow a proper nutritious diet and workout everyday. Change your bedsheet and pillow covers frequently.
- Drink Plenty of Water : Hydration is very important for getting healthy and glowing skin. Make sure that you guzzle nough water to keep yourself hydrated throughout the day.
- Try to Stop stressing and Over thinking: Stress can magnify the worst skin conditions. When a human body stresses, it releases cortisol which may increase oil production in your skin and can cause pimples. So, try to stay positive and indulge yourself in doing the things you really love.
- Get your Beauty Sleep : Beauty Sleep ? I am sure you all must have heard this term. Proper and sufficient sleep gives your body time to rest, recover and rebalance hydration. Make sure you get your beauty sleep everyday.
Try and follow all these hacks as these simple steps can make your skin look radiant without breaking your bank by purchasing expensive skin care essentials. Start taking care of your skin by applying all natural and organic products. Follow a good and natural CTM skin care routine. Eat green vegetables more often because they have some essential Vitamins like A and E which are beneficial for rejuvenating your skin. Drink 3 litres of water everyday for attaining your ideal hydration.
Take care ladies! Thank you for reading!