5 Organic Ingredients that make your skin glow
The environment we live in makes it really hard for us to keep the glow on our skin. Excessive pollution, inadequate sleep, no balanced diet, hectic work schedule, all of these are part of life for most of us now and we can not escape from them even if we want to.
What all we can do is to find ways to prevent them because natural glow is the best makeup one can wear. You can wear all the makeup in this world and use all the desired filters on your skin but none of these can give you the confidence which a natural and healthy skin gives.
While there is no control over growing age but there are several other factors which can be controlled and prevented. For instance, excessive smoking, poor hygiene and diet, unnecessary stress, excessive alcohol consumption and so forth.
Natural humectants are the best for adding moisture to the skin and improving its hydration. Select an organic/natural moisturizer which provides humectants to the skin. Some best natural humectants are honey, aloe vera gel, glycerin etc.
Try homemade masks, scrubs and exfoliate the skin by following a proper regime and Most importantly wash your face before going to the bed to remove all the pollutants, dirt oil from the skin. Also, DO NOT sleep with the makeup. It can cause serious harm to your skin overnight.
This habit will protect you from acne breakdown and clogging pores. Drink a good quantity of water before going to bed and after waking up or even a cup of green tea or honey lemon tea would work.
5 basic organic ingredients that can make your skin glow are mentioned below. All you have to do is to follow a proper schedule, be patient and consistent while using them.
- Honey and Lemon : Honey moisturizes the skin to protect ph levels and necessary oils. Applying honey regularly on your skin can give you results beyond your imagination and can help you to get healthy and glowy skin for a long time. Mix it with lemon for a better and effective result. Since lemon is full of Vitamin C which is a wonderful nutrient to give your skin natural glow. Rinse it after keeping it for 30 minutes and you will experience the natural glow with least and minimal efforts involved.
- Aloe Vera : Aloe vera goes deep into the skin very quickly and moisturizes deeply. It provides hydration to the dry and chapped skin. Massaging the skin with aloe vera can help to keep the skin younger for a long time. Apply it before going to bed and after washing the face, keep it overnight and see the magic in the morning. You can use it either in a form of pure juice or the concentrate form. Both of them work the same. You can also mix it with curd, coconut oil or sugar for better results.
- Turmeric : This has been used as a skin care product since ages now. Irrespective of what skin type you have, It is basically an all rounder and suitable for all skin types. Regular use can restore your natural glow and treat uneven skin tone. You can even have it in a form of drink. Have a glass of lukewarm water, add half teaspoon of turmeric, filter through a tea strainer and enjoy your drink. If you do not want to create mess while preparing DIYs, try to use turmeric based soap that also can help a lot.
- Coconut Oil : Coconut oil is so versatile and has been a common ingredient in asian and pacific households for ages. It helps to soften the skin and is really good for chapped skin. Lauric acid present in coconut oil penetrates deep into the skin and stays in the dermis and also prevents the harmful growth of bacteria. It is better than any moisturizer or any petroleum jelly. But some people are allergic to coconut oil so it is better to have a patch test on your hand before applying it directly to the face. Prepare a mask, mix it with honey or avocado for a younger looking and radiant skin.
- Avocado : Avocado is a fruit that helps the skin to lighten the age spots and other scars. It moisturizes and hydrates skin by reducing the fine lines. It has some essential components for skin like vitamin, minerals, omega fatty acids and antioxidants that help to nourish the skin from within and transmit the natural glow. You can use it in your diet by having an avocado salad with some nuts and berries for better results for both body and skin. Avocado masks also go well for adding nourishment to the skin as it reduces dead skin cells and fights against bacteria. So, an avocado mask can be a great solution. Different natural fruits and ingredients can be mashed with avocado for glowing skin. You can add olive oil, banana, honey, oatmeal etc, according to your affordability and requirements. Otherwise, even a raw avocado mash can do wonders.
However, if you have an avocado allergy then please stay away from the fruit as it can give you skin allergies.